Monday, February 25, 2008

BMX in Caracas.

Yesterday, as I was walking home in Caracas, I stumbled upon a bunch of people building a big mini-ramp, right in the middle of Plaza de la Castellana. Turns out there was to be a big skate/bmx demo that night. I went back as it was kicking off, and it was great. Local hero Daniel Dhers was there, tearing up the ramp, and there was some good flatland stuff going down too. The flatland tricks made me miss having my track bike around. I know, I know, BMX tricks and fixed-gear tricks are not the same, and I know some BMXers inexplicably hate the fixed-gear scene, but whatever, it's all cool to me...

Flatland.

Skills.

But can he do a one-handed foot-through leg-over skid on a track bike?

Daniel Dhers being introduced to the crowd.

Dhers waiting for it to start.

Dhers about to decapitate that rollerblader... Sorry, Sean.

WTF?

Also, there was some brilliant live hip hop from a Caracas crew called Los Cuatro Poderes (Four Powers), and some breakdancing. I have absolutely no idea what the event was for, but it was pretty deadly. Also, my little camera took some nice pics, and I didn't get robbed on the way home. Bonus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't bring down your tarck bike?

Simon said...

Nah, I brought my road bike because I thought it would be more practical. But now I miss my tarck bike a ton. Ha!

GGH said...

awww... were you talkin' bout me hatin on BMX vs. Tarck bike tricks?

i can't wait to get back on the BMX.


-Matt

Simon said...

Ha! Not really, Matt, but I thought you might like the photos. :)