Friday, March 14, 2008

Racing Season.

The start of the racing season, at least in the Midwest, is upon us. People are shedding the multiple layers they’ve had to wear to survive the winter, and are kitting up to take on the competition. In particular, Team Pegasus is gearing up for what should be another great year. We’re sending a big crew to the Parkside Criterium in Kenosha this weekend, and I demand good results from all. From. All.

Shawn leading a group at the Brewer's Hill Crit. Nice Bianchi. Where have I seen that colour-scheme before? Photo by Josh.

The team is stronger than ever. We lost some people but gained some people too, and I think this year is going to be incredible. I’m of course basing that on Jamie’s fortune cookie. But really, we’ve got some great new people on the team, and I’m looking forward to reporting on everyone’s progress.



I’m raging that I won’t be able to represent the team in the US much, but I’m determined to make it back there for at least one day of track racing. I didn’t go to all the trouble of Cat-ing up last year for nothing! Also, new track skinsuits = extra speedy. As soon as we get the new kit done I’ll sling a few pics up here.

We also secured some incredible new sponsors, thanks to the hard work and dedication of our team members. Check it:










Ben's Cycle is an incredible bike shop that everyone should already know about. SRAM make some of the best components around, and I know the team is really excited to ride with their stuff. They actually made us one of their Grassroots Teams, which is a real honour. It's also a real honour to represent World Bicycle Relief, check out their page to see how they use bikes to empower people all over the world. Basically, all of our sponsors are great, and we're proud to represent them.

Anyway, in solidarity with my team, I have shaved my legs. Under the corona of hair we discovered that I have the legs of a 16 year old girl. Feckin’ brilliant. Plus, the Black Flag tattoo on my calf looks really weird now…

Good luck at Parkside, Team Pegasus. If you don’t win, you’re walking home.

No comments: