Monday, May 25, 2009

Combination Classification Jacket






















So it appears that Prendas have discovered the secret to time travel, and for some reason went back to 1985 to get a few examples of this ridiculous Tour de France combination classification jacket. Fair play to them. The combination jersey was awarded to the best rider in all the classifications combined, hence the hobo-esque patchwork nature of the jersey (the green for points, the polka dots for mountains, the yellow for overall). It's frightful. Get it here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shocker, though I expect to see one at the next Monstertrack !

Anonymous said...

Haha! I actually have a late '80s one of these (from '87 or '88)... used to wear it with my black & shocking pink cycle shorts while riding round the country roads of Kent in my late teens. Funnily enough I just dug it out of the attic last night! I'd forgotten how hideous the fabric was back then...