Friday, May 29, 2009

Penrose Park Velodrome, St. Louis.


















I got an email the other day from former Tour da Chicago organizer Lucky, telling me about the velodrome in St. Louis. I didn't even know there was a velodrome in St. Louis! He wants to get some Chicago people down there to race, so if you're in Chicago and you feel like racing a track that's not Northbrook or Kenosha, get yourself down to St. Louis. Sanctioned racing happens every other Thursday all summer. Informal events happen Wednesdays and the non-race Thursdays. Also, it's open all day every day for practice, as it's in a city park. Details here and here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anyone who's used to a smooth concrete track should definitely plan on LOTS of practice laps...

I've never ridden a bumpier surface - think Sheridan Road but banked.

Anonymous said...

You think it's bumpy now, you should have seen it a couple years ago before it got some much needed tlc. It's freaking glorious now!
(bumps build character)

Anonymous said...

Only wish my town had a velodrome Don`t complain about the bumps. I live in Kansas City 3 1/2 and St Louis is the closest by far.