Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Custom Ergo

As I sit here fretting about my NAHBS entry coming back from paint in time (and as I'm envisioning it), I thought I'd post a little mod I made for the bars on my show bike.

I took a pair of Cinelli's new track bars and brazed in an insert, creating the most comfortable hand position ever.

I've run this set-up for a while now on my old race bike, but this is the first time I've made it permanent. Previously, I've done it with carefully carved wood inserts with lots of metal foil HVAC duct tape. This feels so much better and more solid. Right now they're getting painted to match the frame. Be sure to stop by my table at NAHBS to feel for yourself.

4 comments:

john said...

brilliant!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Cool idea! And another thing.. I've been wondering for a while now, what is that thing on the top tube on your bike. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/aaronalexander/Picture2-4.png
The thing that's covering the "R"?

Aaron said...

Thanks! That's just white electrical tape on the top tube to prevent handlebar dents- nothing special.