Monday, January 28, 2008

nezuelaUpdate*VenezuelaUpdate*VenezuelaUpda

I saw my first roadie yesterday! Been here a week, and had only seen some mountain-bikers and BMXers until last night, when walking to get some food we saw a guy on a beautiful Felt F2, wearing full Felt kit. He was a young guy too, so possibly a racer? Is there a Felt sponsored team in Caracas? Does this guy just really love Felt? Interesting... It puts my mind at ease, because it means that there is at least one other road cyclist in this area. I was starting to get worried. You would too if you saw the way the feckin' drivers here ignore all stop signs and signals! The intersections are pure chaos.

Also: today at 2pm we have a meeting with a guy from whom we want to rent an apartment. I know, I know, that's probably more important news than my seeing a roadie. Whatevs. So yeah, at 2pm today we could be signing a lease on an apartment. The place is small, but nice, and the building has a pool. With luck, photos soon.

No comments: