Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Most Badass Track Pic Ever - Redux

Remember this picture?
Taken by John Allen, it shows Craig MacLean of Team PlowmanCraven, covered in blood, leading Jason Kenny of TeamGB in a team sprint. When the photo was taken, no one really knew what had happened. Where did the blood come from? Did he bite his lip? Was he coughing blood from the exertion? Well, I put the pic up a while ago, just because it's feckin' mad looking, and what do you know but Craig MacLean himself actually checked out the blog and sent me the following email:

"Hi Simon. I just checked out your blog and saw my gruesome photo on there. The real story with the blood is that I'd had a bit of a cold which had obviously weakened the lining of my nose. As I came out of the start gate in the team sprint I felt it run down my top lip unaware at this point it was blood. As I tried to clear my nose going down the back straight I was oblivious to the fact I was spraying myself and JK behind me with blood and not snot!"

So, there you have it. He wasn't coughing blood and he didn't bite his lip, but he did spray blood all over himself, the other cyclist, and the track. Definitely the most badass track picture ever. Thanks a lot for the email, Craig!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it, close the blog. Nothing can top a world class track racer reading your humble blouge. YOU HAVE ARRIVED!!

Anonymous said...

Now you can close the blog; I have responded. By the way, the second coming plans are going well....it's tough though, after being gone for so long!

Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with anything but I'm pissed cause i can never watch videos on trackcyclingworld....anyone else have this problem...i have fast innernets?

Simon said...

Ben and Jesus: the blog will be closed down as per your wishes.

Zach: let me talk to Steve, who runs trackcyclingworld, and let him know the videos aren't working. He did mention pausing the player to let the clips buffer a bit, but I'll ask him about it again.

Anonymous said...

yeah i kept pausing it...but no go:( thanks man!