Thursday, June 19, 2008

Paolo Bettini Interview

Bettini in his World Champion kit, hanging with Danielson and Cancellara before a stage of the Tour of California. Photo by Team Pegasus rider Chris Padfield's Dad. More of his excellent photos here.

ProCycling has a good interview with Paolo Bettini on its website right now. In it he talks about racing, retiring, the Giro, and the possibility of him riding for another team. Bettini is one of my favorite riders in the pro peleton, not least because he always seems to be having fun. As he says in the interview, "If people wonder about my desire to race, I can say that when I put a race number on back, I enjoy myself. I think that was evident at the Giro." Really, Paolo? You had fun at the Giro? I would never have known...

Bettini clowning around with a tray of pastries and cakes that he distributed to other riders in the peleton. This is during a stage of the Giro, by the way... Photo borrowed from cyclingfans.com.

2 comments:

Chris said...

i came here for top tube protector advice and all i got was some hairy italian in rainbow tights, wtf

Simon said...

I'm trying to branch out from top tube protector advice (don't use them) to hairy Italians in rainbow tights advice (don't trust them).