Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cog Mag 3

A package arrived at our apartment in Caracas yesterday, and the contents made me smile. A copy of the new issue of Cog magazine, sent all the way, via Puerto Rico for some reason, from Ben's Cycle in Milwaukee by Pegasus teammate and all around top bloke Andy. He also included some cool Milwaukee Bicycle Co. patches. Thanks, Andy!

If you haven't gotten your smelly track mitts on the new issue of Cog, then you should get on it. Pester your local bike shop to get some in, because this is a great magazine. This issue contains the third part of their feature on Keirin racing in Japan, a piece on the Milwaukee Messenger Invitational by Ben Feitz, and a great article on Tokyo's crazy trick kids, plus a ton of other good stuff.

One of my personal favorite things about Cog is the number of my friends whose faces I see in it. I'm not saying this to be all "Hey, look at me, I know people in Cog and that makes me cool and therefore better than you." If I wanted to do that, I'd just casually mention that my own mug made it into the very first issue. But I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that it makes me smile to see my friends faces in Cog. I know I'm missing a lot of stuff there right now, but reading about what those kids are getting up to makes me feel a little bit better about being so far away. So, thanks Cog and thanks Andy. I love this magazine!

No comments: