Tuesday, December 9, 2008

License Seoul Crew at the Velodrome



Street bikes and flying 200s, is there anything more fun? I love this video, it reminds me of my first ever trip to a velodrome. I had only recently gotten into fixed gear bikes, and had moved up to a track frame after riding a conversion around Chicago for a few months. I heard that some of the Chicago crew were planning a trip up to Kenosha, to meet up with the MKE crew to and do some off-season racing, so I went up with VeloGreg. The banking scared me, the rough-ass surface scared me, the crazy MKE kids scared me (not really) but once I dived down my first bank, there was no going back. It was just like this video, most of us were riding our street-track bikes, clips and straps, street clothes, whatever. I did a flying 200 of 15.something seconds, and was disproporionately proud of myself. I haven't done a flying 200 since. I wonder what my time would be now? Probably 16.something. I miss the track!

No comments: