Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Northbrook Velodrome Closing Night Photos

Chicago track season is over. That presents this blog, about track racing, with a bit of a dilemma. The dilemma is that unless I start posting about the goings-on at other velodromes, my coverage of local track action will be a bit sparse from now on. I'll figure something out, but in the meantime, here are some photos from the closing night at Northbrook Velodrome. Thanks to Gavin for all the photos, although I am disappointed in him that he didn't get pics of the grill... [edit] Ed White came through with a photo of the grill. Thanks, Ed!

Pro/1/2 race. Josh from Get-A-Grip in second place. Hi Josh! Photo by Gavin.

Borrowed bike, street shoes, and still he wins. Henry of Team Pegasus becoming State Trackstand Champion. Photo by Gavin.

Juniors race: a Yojimbo's Track Cat grabs a wheel. Photo by Gavin.

Juniors race, with a big contingent of Yojimbo's Track Cats. Photo by Gavin.

Patriotic lap of honour. Photo by Gavin.

The grill! Photo by Ed White.

That's it. Season's over for another year, and I didn't even get to race once. I won't get to race next season either, as I'll be in Fiji for the year. I'm not complaining, especially not about Fiji, but I do miss racing a lot. It'll be interesting to see how I do when I get back into it...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The grill...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewwhite/2850147539/in/set-72157607248596969/

Hustle Jr. said...

Move to Vancouver.

indoor, 200m, 47 degree bank, fun.

Simon said...

Ed: thanks for the pic.

hustle jr: Indoor, 200m, 47deg? Sounds badass. Chicago needs a track like that.