Friday, November 14, 2008

Keirin Culture

Everyone should already know about the Keirin Culture website, but did you know that Stratton has an actual shop now? He just opened the Keirin Culture bike shop in Roanoke, VA, and it's packed with the same beautiful NJS frames that he's known for, and a whole lot more besides, like frames from Ciocc, Casati, Alan and IRO, and the whole range of Kazane frames and wheels. Check out these pics of the shop:







Something is definitely happening in Roanoke. First Keirin Culture opens, then Kazane-sponsored Premier Sports Partners UCI pro road team decided to hold their spring training camp there, and soon a super-secret Yamaguchi-trained frame builder will be setting up his new shop there (more details on this soon). I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Roanoke till about 6 months ago, but it sounds like an interesting spot.

Check out Keirin Cuture at:

902 13th St SW, Suite 102
Roanoke, VA 24016
Phone 540.597.6750.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 2-6, plus by appointment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! hush your mouth Gavin!

-A

Sage said...

that's my hometown! i can't believe that this stuff is blowing up there.. of course after i'm long gone. I can't wait to check out the shop when I'm back for the holidays.

-sage

Anonymous said...

Josh?

Anonymous said...

Just a 20 min drive from Va Tech... Ahhh I miss that place.

Anonymous said...

Yah,

I grew up in that part of Va, I was in Floyd 19 years! I'm heading home for X.Mas from Austin, I'll totally check it out!

+PR+ said...

what The Dykstras move back to Roanoke and the place becomes hipster bike capital of the world...hahaha..coincidence?
-Pete

Sage said...

Frye - I grew up in Floyd too. Weird.

Anonymous said...

SAGE--

I kinda remember a "Sage", wonder if thats you..?
My full name is Ryan Plaisted, ring a bell? Hit me up on FaceBook, or the MySpace.
Maybe we can ogle at the bike over a beer in Da' Noke next month.